Here’s a great new warning for DUI drivers courtesy of the Snellville Georgia police department and the real consequences involved:
excerpt from http://loganville.patch.com:
“Those who are fortunate enough to avoid an accident can still face serious financial consequences. A DUI can triple your car insurance premium for as long as 5 years. Add to that fines, court costs, and DMV fees and the average DUI ends up costing between $5,000 and $25,000, according to Esurance.
If you find yourself in a potential drunken driving situation, remember the following tips from the NHTSA:
- Plan a safe way home before the fun begins and designate a sober driver before drinking
- If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a friend or family member, or use public transportation
- Use your community’s sober ride program
- If you see a drunken driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact local law enforcement
- If you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to safely get to where they are going.”
You can read more here:
Love seeing new ways to make things clear how serious driving impaired is – Snellville police departments new slogan “”It’s your choice. Make sure you can live with it” is brilliant.